Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tom Morello: The Nightwatchman, The Civil Wars, Kerosene Halo, Robbie Robertson, Gillian Welch, Tom Waits, Sam Phillips, Fleet Foxes, Burlap to Cashmere, Bill Mallonee, Patsy Moore, Steve Earle, Bruce Cockburn, Lucinda Williams, Wilco, Over the Rhine, Foo Fighters, R.E.M., Paul Simon & Tedeschi Trucks Band

The 20 best CDs of 2011, by Brian Q. Newcomb

It's that time of year when lists by the dozens start making their way into magazines, blogs, tweets and over the airwaves.  I'm adding to all of that by forwarding this one along.  In fact, I may even add to those before the years is up.  Actually, I probably won't add until the year has past by a few days.

The list below is by Brian Q. Newcomb, one of my favorite music critics. I'm not a fan of everyone on his list, but respect his musical tastes enough to give them a spin (Thank you Spotify).  Some I have been a fan of for years and other will be a discovery.  I'm looking forward to what I will hear.